Arlington House is the last of the Rowton House hostels, originally built in 1905 and housing over 1,100 working men. It has provided accommodation and support to an increasingly vulnerable population for over a century, but was in desperate need of transformation to improve facilities and overcome the stigma which had built up over decades.
The building now provides residential accommodation of the highest quality to homeless and vulnerable individuals, creating a new supportive community. In addition to the 95 apartments we created for homeless people, 35 low rent apartments have also been created for local workers. Large areas of the ground floor and basement have been opened up for the community with a new restaurant, artist studios, training facilities and state of the art conference suites. The new entrance area has been transformed into an airy and welcoming space for all.
Providing quality housing and community spaces for a vulnerable population.